- Field Data Collection Tutorial – This video covers the basics of using a data collection app to collect, edit, and download system asset data. Data collection apps can be run on a cell or tablet and accuracy can be boosted by pairing a GNSS device.
- Mapping Field Collected Data Tutorial – This video covers the basics of using a data collection app to download and map field collected asset data in ArcMap and Google Earth.
- Symbology .lyr Files for ArcMap – A zip file containing .lyr files that can be used to import standardized symbology to layers in ArcMap for a variety of water, wastewater, and stormwater utility assets.
- Webinar: Benefits of Mapping Your Assets – Mapping your system’s assets and collecting asset inventory data can provide tremendous benefit to your system, including operations and maintenance efficiency, emergency response/repair, short and long-term capital planning, and knowledge management. Gathering this information and turning it into actionable data and knowledge through proper visualization of the data can aid decision-making. This hour-long webinar discusses techniques and tools you can use to begin your asset inventory and system map, as well how these activities can begin your overall asset management program.
- Inventory Spreadsheet – The spreadsheet provides an example asset inventory particularly geared for smaller sized systems. The user may add additional columns to the spreadsheet to gather other data they may feel is important for them or the user may wish to eliminate some of these fields. The spreadsheet is meant as a starting point. Systems may want to use a spreadsheet for a while until they become more familiar with asset management and what data they want to collect, how they want to use it, and what reports they would like to generate. Then, if desired, the system can move towards purchasing a software that will provide more capabilities.
- CMMS Criteria Checklist – This document lists a number of functions CMMS software can contain. It also includes a checklist where you can indicate whether that function is a Must Have, Highly Desirable, Desirable or Only If Standard with Software.
- Spotlight on Computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS): Blog Post Part 1 of 3 – This blog post is part of a three-part series on CMMS Software. This blog post is the first in the series. This blog post describes what CMMS software is and how your system can determine whether or not it would be useful for your system.
- Spotlight on Computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS): Blog Post Part 2 of 3 – This blog post is the second part of our three-part series on CMMS Software. This post details how to research CMMS companies and who to involve in that process.
- Spotlight on Computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS): Blog Post Part 3 of 3 – This blog post is the last part of our three-part series on CMMS Software. This blog post describes how to set up a demo with CMMS questions and recommends questions to ask during the demo. It also discusses CMMS pricing and technical support.
We would like to add additional resources (case studies, data collection examples, data storage examples etc.). If you have free content that we can share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.